It’s a term you may be heard from your doctor regarding your inflammatory conditions of the skin. It is associated with itching, redness, and pain. The term dermatitis and eczema are using synonymously. It is a very common skin condition and affects a large number of people all over the world. Mainly a rash on your skin that can either be concentrated to one place or spread all over the body, depending on the severity of the situation. It is caused by factors such as allergens, irritants, extreme temperatures, some foods, hormones, microbes or sometimes due to stress. However, as per the modern knowledge, the exact cause of developing dermatitis is not known completely. If a child has dermatitis, there is a great likelihood that his parents had a history of a disease.
Dermatitis in Ayurveda
In Ayurvedic literature, the term Vicharchika is used for these types skin diseases. Which includes symptoms of redness, itching pain, rashes and oozing. As per Ayurvedic treatises the lifestyle, food habits and family history plays an important role in developing dermatitis.
Symptoms of Dermatitis
In the case of infants:
• Rashes on the cheek and scalp.
• Rashes are filled with fluid.
• Skin rashes might cause irritation and be scratching them might lead to infections.
In case of Children:
• Rashes are common in elbows, neck, crack of buttocks, wrists, and ankles.
• The rashes can turn into a permanent itch and the skin might thicken known as Latensification.
In case of Adults:
• Due, the rashes are first seen in the elbow, nape of the neck or any area that has a skin fold in it.
• In the later stages, the skin rash might cover the whole skin.
• Dryness and itchiness are accompanied by scaly skin that can get infected easily.